[PD] patch creation optimization <was> Re: [PD-announce] k_cext V0.2.4

pix pix at test.at
Fri Jul 11 18:17:50 CEST 2003

the correct answer to all of these questions is:

if order is important, use a trigger.
otherwise, order is undefined.

so, in the loadbang example, if you need to know the order of the bangs
coming out of a loadbang, then you would use one loadbang and a trigger.

the only rule regarding order is that unless otherwise documented, in an
object with multiple outlets, the outlets will be triggered right-to-left
(as in a trigger).

similarly, objects with multiple inlets are normally designed such that
the pin on the left is the "hot" pin, and should be triggered last.

pix.