[PD] Re: [PD-dev] Serial Object

bbogart at ryerson.ca bbogart at ryerson.ca
Fri Jul 11 21:36:03 CEST 2003

Hello Mark, Hans-Christoph,

I am looking for something that could used with AID (www.interaccess.org/aid) to encourage people to use PD with it. The AID project is focused on non-technical (to some degree) arists and therefore a shell script parser would not be all that ellegant. I can wip up a quick tcl script that sits on the serial line and routes everything to pd via local socket, but it's a bit of a pain to set up for a an end user (perhaps). At least compared to using a PD object directly with a set of abstractions to set up the specifics.

There must be a string-based serial object at least for windows?

Ben