[PD] [OT] multitrack recording/editing free software

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Jul 16 10:48:02 CEST 2003

Thanks for these suggestions

I often used Pro Tools Free and Audacity under Windows

Pro Tools Free : unfortunately, only for Windows 98 / Me (!) -- should work
under XP in Compatibility mode though
Under W98, it crashed a lot when I used it, maybe it is rather suited to Apple
computers ?

Audacity : this one is getting better and better, but there is still no dynamic
trimming of the beginning and ending of the waveform regions ... (or else how
do you do ?)

Ardours looks like being the best free multitrack DAW program ; I will use it
under Linux ... when my sound card is compatible again (hdsp) !
If anyone knows a similar program for WinXP, this information is welcome.

have a nice day,