[PD] GEM and transparency

Martin Dupras martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 01:30:34 CEST 2003

I have a peculiar problem.

I'm taking a video feed with pix_video then applying it as a texture to
three squares, each connected to [alpha] and [colorRGB v1 v2 v3], where
the first square is red only, the second green, and the third blue.

Now I want to superimpose the three squares so that I can translate them
independently.

One approach that I tried was using one gemhead, the pix_video and
textures2 objects, then using separator to feed to the three squares. It
works but if I set the transparency of any square to anything other than
0, the black obscures the squares behind.

I tried another approach, where I used three different chains, but then
only one of the chains can access the video feed.

Questions:

1) is there a way to make transparency work such that "black" pixels are
transparent?

2) is there a way to make several [pix_video] objects access the same
video feed?

Many thanks!

- martin