[PD] FM problems

matthijs at devdsp.net matthijs at devdsp.net
Fri Jul 18 22:13:06 CEST 2003

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:49:38AM -0700, Matthew Allen wrote:

> To the original poster I have attached my work in progress 3-op FM synth.
> Its uses z~ to give the users the ability to feedback any of the operators
> to any other operator (including self feedback). You'll need Zexy of course
> and IEMlibs for the interface.

Thanks a lot - it's *way* too complex for my meagre skills to
comprehend, but I'll definitely study it.

But I think I messed up somewhere else as well, because when I was
preparing a simple example patch to share with the list that was
basically nothing more than the output of a phasor~ and the output of an
osc~ added together feeding into cos~ and the output of that
manipulating the frequency of the osc~ object, PD no longer segfaulted.
Nor did it output sound, but at least this shows there's something else
going on.

--
take care,

Matthijs de Jonge