[PD] random

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Mon Jul 21 11:43:43 CEST 2003

> There are any other objects that can make granular
> process in PD?

You may start from a looping sampler (there are some in the original Pd audio
examples) and adapt it to granular synthesis. I personnaly started from patch
32.sampler.transpose.pd

granular controls are transposition, chunk size, chunk start point, enveloppe
sharpness

you may modify the patch in order to disable/enable the doppler suppressor, too

also, many granular users add randomness to some parameters

> Other question: how can I range random generation
> (random object)? I would like to determine a range
> between 60 and 5000, but I couldn´t. Does anybody have a
> sugestion?

Using "+" object works very well (cf previous mail in the thread)

If you need probability distributions, you can use the "probalizer" external,
that is downloadable here :

http://ydegoyon.free.fr/software.html