[PD] wavetables : tabread4~ and tabwrite~ compatibility problem

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Jul 23 12:02:27 CEST 2003

> You probably also get clicks? In general it isn't very good to change
> the array read by a tabosc4~ on the fly. A better solution might be to
> drive a tabread4~ object by a phasor~ multiplied by the length of the
> array. This way you also won't have problems with the different array
> sizes.

I have tried to implement this. tabread4~ can be driven easily with a phasor~,
unfortunately tabwrite~ can only be driven by two messages (start, stop), I
mean it can't be driven by a phasor~

So I tried to use a threshold~ in order to start / stop the recording from
tabwrite~ depending on the values of the phasor~
But threshold~ seems to work only with adc~ or sig~ as input ; did you manage
to use it with phasor~ or osc~, for example ?