[PD] GEM woes update

Jeffrey Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Sat Jul 26 03:58:39 CEST 2003

still no go. this is probably my 4th time trying to get this to work in
windows but it just doesn't want to. the machine i'm on could have
something to do with it because it's all locked up and i don't have admin
priviledges.

what i learned today is that i don't need to compile on windows because i
can just use the Gem.dll. the problem with that is you have to install the
GEM sources anyway because that's where the tutorials and demo patches are
right? other than that i can't link to the Gem.dll with any of these
methods i've tried from the Run and Command programs (and yes i put the
Gem.dll in the bin directory)

\pdforwindows\bin\pd.exe -lib /pdforwindows/bin/Gem
I:\pdforwindows\bin\pd.exe -lib I:/pdforwindows/bin/Gem

pd without the .exe doesn't work. i even copied the folder to a local hard
drive and changed stuff and that didn't work. i've tried several things and
none of them work.

scott