[PD] GEM woes update

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Jul 27 03:29:34 CEST 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Thomas Fredericks wrote:
> but if I were you I would move all the external libraries and objects into
> the externs folder and use the following launch command just for (because
> there already are a lot of useful externs in thos folders)
>
> c:\pd\bin\pd.exe -path c:/pd/externs/ -path I:/pd/extras/ -lib gem -lib zexy

Using the path is surely the best solution.

Furthermore those externals that are not compiled into libraries
(distributed as single externals like fiddle, bonk, etc)
will get loaded automatically this way when you need them
... and only when you need them.

Another trick is to use the "-lib" flag only once and separate
the libraries by ":".

c:\pd\bin\pd.exe -path c:/pd/externs/ -lib gem:zexy:ygui:pdp:pidip:iem_lib

Guenter