[PD] tcl/tk vs. wx vs tcl/gtk

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Mon Jul 28 20:06:36 CEST 2003

i just noticed there Gnocl which is a tk-like binding for Tcl/Gtk+ ...
basically it lets your Tcl apps use Gtk+ widgets, and supposedly the API
is pretty similar to Tk.  This might be an path to look into for
speeding up the gui, it might be a LOT less work to port to this than
rewrite everything in wx.

http://www.dr-baum.net/gnocl/

Wx has the advantage of giving pd real native widgets on all supported
platforms, but gtk+ is portable and is able to emulate natice look
pretty well:

http://gtk-wimp.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

i'll add this to my endless list of "things i'd love to look into in
depth" :)

-josh

independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com