[PD] woo hoo! gem works, except it doesn't work!

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 30 04:25:26 CEST 2003

well this particular machine should be supporting openGL for sure, even
though the video card is integrated. the guy who usually uses this machine
uses openGL in a program he's writing. anyway i'll ask the system police
tomorrow about it. thanks,
scott

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, chris clepper wrote:

> >however when trying the examples i still can't get gem to do anything.
> >here is a pic of the error i'm getting when i try to create a window:
> >
> >http://interface.cipic.ucdavis.edu/~jscotth/untitled.bmp
>
> I'm not the Windows developer but I'd have to say:
> How about installing some sort of OpenGL support for the hardware on
> that box...  What hardware do you have?  For Nvidia and ATI cards the
> drivers/etc can be found on their websites.
>

> >i also copied the glut32.dll into the windows32 directory which was needed
> >for gem to load up. another thing, do i need to do anything with the gem-
> >libs now that i'm using the gem.dll and not compiling myself?
>
> I think we removed GLUT in the CVS version of GEM, so you won't have
> that to mess with anymore (even though it's not the cause of your
> current problems).
>
> cgc

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981