[PD] GUI idea and some other thoughts

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Tue Aug 5 23:42:50 CEST 2003

>And if you really wanted to have something
>that was Cubase or Nuendo, why not just buy that? It is out there and it
>will most likely have a lot less bugs than anything I would write in PD that
>tried to emulate it.

check out ardour, its an amazing free application, its getting to the
point where its competitive with the big guys:

http://ardour.sf.net

trying to turn pd into cubase is kind of a dead end and misses the point
of pd really.  i mean, you should be able to do anything you'd want to
within pd, but it will always be utterly different in work flow and
general character than dedicated sequencers.

independent u.s. drum'n'bass -- http://vitriolix.com