[PD] GUI idea and some other thoughts

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Tue Aug 5 23:54:07 CEST 2003

	My point exactly. I currently am using it more as a learning tool.
Whenever I start looking at something new I need to be able to have a focus
in order to really learn the ins and outs of the program/language. For PD
that focus has been, lets start with some things whose logic I completely
understand, and which will let me explore PD capabilities, so my first 2 big
patches were a step sequencer (control signals) and a 3op polyphonic FM
synth (audio signals), once these 2 are done the next problem I am setting
for myself is, what project can I do to explore Data structures, and I think
for me that is going to be some sort of sample/sequence arranger, akin to
the arrange window in cubase or logic. I'm sure my end product will be more
than what I am expecting, and completely different from the commercially
available stuff, but my goal really is to know Data structures, which I am
sure I will accomplish.

m.