[PD] audio glitches using arrays?

delire delire at selectparks.net
Wed Aug 6 17:44:49 CEST 2003

don't use arrays, use sfread~ or readsf~ as they read sf's straight from your filesystem on demand.

de/

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:29:31 -0400
"evan raskob [PD]" <pd at lowfrequency.org> wrote:

//hello pd gurus,
//
//one big issue i'm having is that you can't load audio files into arrays
//without having the whole system pause for the new file to load.  In
//fact, any time I change an array, the whole system pauses.  is that
//because of lag, or because the arrays aren't multi-threaded? the
//writesf~ object seamlessly writes sound files in the background - why
//can't i load/record them into arrays just as seamlessly?  (I use OSX
//and pd-0.36)
//
//thanks,
//-evan raskob