[PD] anyone have a nice filter?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 10 12:43:54 CEST 2003

Hallo,

Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:
> i need a really nice sounding filter with control over the Q. ... i've
> tried piecing one together from [lop~]  and [hip~] and [vcf~] but i can
> never get around it having a dead, muddy sound, i'd like one that sounds
> really warm like the default one in fruity loops or on many synthesizers.
>
> does anyone either have some tips on how to do this myself, a patch
> where they've made a nice one, or pointers to a good one in an external
> somewhere?

You want this moog~ variation:

 http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~dfl/pd/index.htm

Although this has a name conflict with Gunether's moog~ it just sounds
phatter than anything else. There also is a problem with multiple
instances of this moog~ inside a patch: They interfere with each other
for some reason. I didn't look into this yet, but it should be
possible to fix that. Probably too many "static" functions in the
source code.

You can set it to be in high-, low- or bandpass mode.

ciao