[PD] anyone have a nice filter?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Aug 11 12:50:17 CEST 2003

hi Ben,

ok, this is just my pestering again (someone is going to show me
a noose soon).  There is an svf~ to be released in the cyclone's
next snapshot.  Differences are

. the clone has 4 outlets, instead of a configurable single outlet

. the clone has no additional resonance inlet (just the q one)

. the clone does no oversampling, uses simpler formulae for coefs
   (calculated once per block), etc., which all makes a difference
   of max 340 clones against max 42 of yours svf~s on my machine
   (think about using it in polyphonic instruments).

. neither is fine-tuned, but the clone does have some protection
   against over-blowing.

In the max/msp land there is both the fast, 4-out svf~, and
oversampled, 1-out (and fine-tuned) 2up_svf~.  Btw. the latter
is open-source (in a way).

Krzysztof