[PD] spam on the pd-announce list

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Aug 11 13:29:02 CEST 2003

Hallo,

> Actually, if pd-announce was change to only allow posts from members of
> the list, there would be no more spam.  That's how the other lists are
> configured and hence no spam.  Well, except the spam that is posted by
> members ;)

Yes: Some spammers even resort to either forging emails or even
subscribing to mailing lists (Sourceforge has been a victim in the
past...)

But I'd encourage everyone to use Spamassassion as well. There also is
a Windows version called SAProxy. The recent versions os Spamassassin
do Bayesian filtering, too, just like Mozilla.

ciao