[PD] Error in startup script: couldn't read file "/usr/local/bin/pd.tk"

Brian Sheehan rbsheehan at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 14:46:44 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

I'm using pd Mac OS X.

After downloading the pd binaries to my desktop, if cd
to Desktop/pd-0.37-test8/bin/, and type
./pd, it all starts up fine.

In my .bash_login file I added the line:

export
PATH=$PATH:/Users/student/Desktop/pd-0.37-test8/bin

so that I wouldn't have to type the full path to the
pd binary every time I wanted to start it. But now if
I type just pd on the command line I get:

Error in startup script: couldn't read file
"/usr/local/bin/pd.tk": no such file or directory

Anyone know how I can fix this?

thanks,

Brian