[PD] More help for a newbie?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Aug 14 21:48:28 CEST 2003

"Chad A. Wood" schrieb:
> p.s. I'll try to come up with an empty project and workspace for making
> externals in a day or two and post it online, now that I know how.  Why
> doesn't this exist

Well, you could copy VC++ 6.0 projects from other externals / libraries
(maxlib has one, for example). Most people seem to use the makefile
directly, probably because you just need one makefile that contains all
the information for all platforms.
Instead of building a VC++ project / workspace from scratch it's also
possible to 'import' existing makefiles. All changes still have to be
made to the makefile directly (text editor), but it's possible to press
F7 in VC++ to get everything compiled without having to type "nmake
pd_nt" or whatever.

Olaf