[PD] GEM 0.84-6 help

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Aug 15 04:33:46 CEST 2003

Scott,

> checking for main in -lttf... no
> checking alternate -lttf in ../../.....
> configure: error: library ttf not available - run ./makeauxlibs script

Do you have a ttf library installed?
Have you tried running makeauxlibs?

I find that with computers it helps to read what is written on the
screen and then take action according to the messages output. Of course,
you can always circumvent this by posting the results to the pd list
and get others to read for you, but this has the negative side effects
of a) pissing everyone off b) it will slow your compilation time
considerably if you have to post the results of every compile.
Good luck.

Kind regards,

Chris.