[PD] iemlib-mp3play~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Aug 16 17:22:17 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Ales Zemene hat gesagt: // Ales Zemene wrote:

> mp3play~ object from iem lib
>
> 1st problem :
> if i load some mp3 file it prints to the shell something like :
>
> MPEG 1.0, Layer: III, Freq: 44100, mode: Joint-Stereo, modext: 2, BPF : 417
> Channels: 2, copyright: No, original: Yes, CRC: No, emphasis: 0.
> Bitrate: 128 Kbits/s, Extension value: 0
> Original Soundfile-Length : 179.487 sec.
>
> i would like to use "Original Soundfile-Length : 179.487 sec." and keep it in Pd,
> to work with different lengths of files
>  ... e.g. detect when the song is finishing and mix it with next one...
>
> 2nd problem :
> if i combine it with openpanel object to load another sound, whole sound
> bussines stops for fragment of a sec. Only helping so far was to preload
> all before playing, but to preload mp3's for 48 hours is allready hell.

Both problems could be solved by using the readaysf~ external. I also
found that this opens mp3-files that didn't load in mp3play~. As
readany is heavily threaded it produces no audio disturbation here.
And you get the chance to play ogg, flac, wav, mp3 and everything that
is supported by libsndfile, too. readanysf has outlets that report
length in seconds and samples.

ciao