[PD] PD and Jack.

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Aug 20 09:06:52 CEST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> At 03:48 AM 20/08/2003, guenter geiger wrote:
> >Ok, think I found it. There is a
> >#define JACK_OUT_MAX 512
> >in s_audio_jack.c
> >change this to 64  and build ...
> >
> >I hope that I can get rid of the additional one buffersize delay too in
> >the future, but this is another story.
>
> This works, but is still very buggy. One only has to turn dsp on and off in
> about a second of each other and it times out, forcing a restart of PD. IT
> doesn't seem to handle the draging of windows and objects around that well
> either, even when no audio is being processed. I also used the -rt argument
> to start pd.
>
> This is still with a buffer size of 64.

Hi, yes I have the same behaviour. The problems with turning on and off
the DSP come from the changes that have happened in test8, I have
to investigate.

About the dragging around object and Windows I am afraid that I don't know
what to do against that yet ... dragging around objects just costs too
much :(

Guenter