[PD] dir access

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Aug 21 20:25:58 CEST 2003

hi Ben,

this is a bit cryptic, but hopefully works:

query set dir [tk_chooseDirectory] .: if .($dir != "" && ![catch
.(glob [file join $dir *.txt].) res].) .(set res.)

Send this to a [tot .] -> [route bang] and read from the right
outlet of the route.

The trickier problem is, how to deal with large lists of filenames
-- there is a limit imposed by the pdgui->pd connection.  I think
one way would be to metro-out the filenames one-by-one?  Or store
them in a temporary file to be read into a [textfile]?

Seems like it is a hard time without a [folder] clone...

Krzysztof