[PD] not using MIDI input (use 'pd -midiindev1' to override)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 27 01:04:28 CEST 2003

Hallo,

Phil Z hat gesagt: // Phil Z wrote:
> I would love to be using pd right now but I get that ugly message (in the
> title) when I run PD. Where do I use 'pd -midiindev 1' to override this????
>
> I tried using File -> Message (in the pd window) and then typed "pd
> -midiindev 1" but it gives me another message: "pd: unknown message
> -midiindev 1"

It's an argument to the Pd executable. You didn't say what operatin
system you're on, but I guess it's Windows. You can start Pd from a
command prompt as e.g.: "C:\pd\pd -midiindev 1"

You also could use a batch file or several other ways for starting Pd
with arguments. Probably the list archives know more (I'm on Linux...)

ciao