[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pd 0.37 test 10 released

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sun Aug 31 19:54:31 CEST 2003

Hi Miller,

> the tenth test version of PD 0.37 is out.  It looks pretty stable now.

great news!

> I've finally stuck in Thomas Grill's new "quit" and thread-safety stuff.
> I haven't moved on his other edits (array update sensing, and something
else)
> because I wasn't sure the right way to support them.

I'm glad to hear that some of my suggestions have been incorporated.
I designed the said array update sensing this way because the same method is
used in Max/MSP.

> finally, audio latency from portaudio should be 5 msec or so better.
> I believe I'm getting about 20 msec through-delay on a MSWindoes
> machine using ASIO now.  I haven't tested this in Mac yet.  (of course,
> linux is still by far the best in this respect.)

20 msec is still not acceptable for use in live electronics.
Do you think that <= 10 ms can be reached with the current architecture?

greetings,
Thomas