[PD] re: OSX but I prefer linux

Willem Paling willem at sydneyfriction.com
Mon Sep 1 07:11:42 CEST 2003

Hey,

I had trouble getting PD to run at my university.
I was getting a similar message which I found was something to do with PD
trying to open up the audio input when there was no audio input.

I started PD with the -noadc flag and it worked fine.

The symptoms of my earlier problem were that PD would start, it would get
that error opening portaudio thing...
Then once it was running, it kinda worked, but it was incredibly slow and
hung up everything the computer was doing.

When I disabled the audio in, it all worked fine.

Hope that helps...

ihug huh? are you in sydney then?  Which university is this at? I'm at UTS.

Regards

Willem