[PD] trying to configure hammerfall + asio..

gml at xs4all.nl gml at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 1 15:12:01 CEST 2003

I forgot to mention, latency is better when you use the card in ADAT mode.
The digi96/8 has a fixed buffer of 64 KB with divided into 8 or 32 periods.
It uses the same buffer for stereo and ADAT mode.
The smallest total latency is about 3 to 4 of the smallest periods. IIRC
from past experience, in linux I needed at least 3 out to run without
distortion and there is always at least one in, but maybe the windows ASIO
driver works better and can deal with a output buffer of 2 periods.
The smallest period is 2048 bytes
With 32bit samples that makes 512 samples.
In stereo , a period is 256 frames, in ADAT only 64. At sr=48000 you
should get 2*64 = 128/48000 = 5ms output latency
Of course you need an ADAT ad/da converter.

Gerard