[PD] trying to configure hammerfall + asio..

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 15:35:00 CEST 2003

kristof lauwers wrote:
> hello list,
>
> i just bought a hammerfall DIGI96/8 card, and now i'm trying to
> configure pd to get the lowest possible latency out of it. i first tried
> with pd-0.36, then with  pd-0.37. with both some strange things
> happened. (<ashamed to admit> using win ME</> on a DELL pentium III
> 64meg RAM)

the digi96/8 has very high latency for the price. RME's support wrote me
the card is quite old and i should not expect too much from such a cheap
card. damn idiots they are.

besides from this, you should get lower latency when you raise the
sampling rate. my RME Digi control panel on windows tells me 2.7ms for
32/96khz, but i never managed to get reliable low-latency on linux.