[PD] controlling/recording bang actions

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Sep 6 09:36:44 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Bradon Webb hat gesagt: // Bradon Webb wrote:

> I have something that might work... It might not be as effiecient as
> you want, but I have made a mock up of how it might work.  It
> records atom boxes to array and reads them back from a tempo array.
> I find it is really good for live improv stuff.  It works well on
> the fly, but it is more or a way to animate a atom variable, than
> trigger samples.  If you assign each sample a number, it would work.
> It reads from the left input a change in an atom, and starts a
> timmer, then when the next atom is read in, it saves both this
> information (the time in msec, and the value) into two differnt
> arrays.  Then you can play back the array at the realtime tempo or
> use 1/2 speed or double speed etc.  There is also a loop function so
> the arrays will repeat once they get to the end.  There are some
> other things in there, but I thought I would put most comments
> inside.  Open the RECORDinstructions for a demo mock up.
>
> If anyone wants to give input, I know there are a few inefficeient
> ways of dealing with the data, especially the saving features, but
> any suggestions\feedback would be nice.

The array saving problem would be gone if you would use the qlist
object here. You also could save much of the delay logic then. qlist
records time tagged lists of arbitrary lenght and sequences them on
demand at variying speed. I sent and example earlier but of course the
help file is a good reference, too.

ciao