[PD] system requirements video

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at UGent.be
Tue Sep 9 20:51:57 CEST 2003

> > I think all my questions are answered, only if there is a preferred graphic
> > card, to be used?
>
> if you want openGL-hw-acceleration try nvidia- or the new radeon-cards.

I wonder how fast these two mainstream brands handle texture upload on
different OS'es.

It may not be very optimized in the driver since this operation is
rarely used during gameplay, but it's a potential bottleneck for video
processing. I expect major performance differences here.

Did anyone compare nVidia vs ATI on different OS's on this aspect?

 j#|@