[PD] installer 0.37 for X

misosoup misosoup at altern.org
Wed Sep 10 17:02:03 CEST 2003

hans
when i installed pd with your pkg
the installation finished correctly
but i have no pd in the /usr/local/lib/pd/bin directory only
pd-watchdog and pd-tcl (so i copied another version of pd there)
then i have no start file or shortcut to start pd so i have to write a
.sh myself?
do i have to load all the libraries also ?
i think this idea of an installer for osx is really great
especially for using some libraries bit hard to compile for osXerz

(i allready use pd 0.37 and have tcltk installed )

jb

Le mercredi, 10 sep 2003, à 15:38 Europe/Paris, Hans-Christoph Steiner
a écrit :

> I think I forgot to mention that you need to install Tcl/Tk
> separately.  You can get that here:
>
> http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/tcltk/TclTkAqua/
>
> I recommend the "TclTkAqua" package, any of them should work though.
>
> .hc
>
> On Monday, Sep 8, 2003, at 22:47 America/New_York, afenerich wrote:
>
>> Hy Hans,
>>
>> I had the same problem, using the same installer... But
>> it loaded the "wish" programme, and cannot load PD... it
>> stopped in the "Wish" step...
>>
>> Well, thank you
>>
>> Alx
>>
>>> hi again
>>> 1 more question
>>> tried to download the mac os x installer of 0.37 from
>>> http://www.pure-data.org/Members/hans/
>>> but didn't work .
>>> any hint? hans?
>>> i get a package on my desktop but can't install it or m
>> ake it work
>>> whatsoever
>>> thankyou