[PD] distributing messages to several inlets

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Fri Sep 12 15:42:58 CEST 2003

I read:
> So if you draw the connection to the left inlet before the connection to the
> right inlet, also in your abstraction the message will be sent to the left
> inlet before the right.

I don't think that's what he was asking,

> > In pd this is not possible, so i wondered if this is because the
> > connections would be unreliable in execution(the old "not specificated
> > execution order" case) ?

as marius pointed out the execution order is specified for now, but the
model may change so, don't rely on it use triggers, but I don't see why
the multiple connections in one go should be a problem. Since you will
specify the inlets in a certain order (even using a modifier key) that
could be used to order the multiple connects. Sounds definitely like a
nice feature to me.

regards,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)