[PD] GOP Patching woes

David NG McCallum david2003 at mentalfloss.ca
Fri Sep 12 17:04:25 CEST 2003

Ben,

I normally put all the GUI objects as I want them on the canvas, and
then resize the window to fit just around the canvas, then save. You can
also do this using a text editor and the files and changing the canvas
sizes.

Yes, I know these aren't solutions, just workarounds. I agree with you
that it shouldn't be scaling like that, but work from some sort of origin.

David

ben at ekran.org wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Could someone explain why I had to make my patch look like
> (GOP_Patch.gif) in order to make it look like (GOP.gif) in the parent
> patch? Obviously there is some strange scaling going on plus some
> shifting depending on the type of GUI object (sliders and radios need to
> move over more, toggles and bangs end up about where you put them).
>
> Is anyone making GOPs that get compressed in the parent patch? Would it
> be reasonable to make GOPs work so that the upper left corner of the
> patch is repoduced (without scaling) in the parent up to the size
> imposed by the graph bounds. So that the GOP patches actually resemble
> the patches...
>
> Note I'm still using 0.36
>
> Or I could just be using GOP improperly...
>
> Thanks
> Ben

.
. David McCallum