[PD] GOP Patching woes

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Fri Sep 12 17:26:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

it depends how big your window of the GOP is, when you save it. the parent
patch tries to resize the GOP (and everything in it) to the the size of the
window in which it appears in the parent patch.

to deal with that you have many different ways to go:

1a) try to resize the GOP patch until it fits like you want,
1b) try to resize the graph, where it appears in the parent patch using the
properties menu.

2) do this more precisely with a text editor. The last line (x-coords...)
contains the size of the patch.

Still, there are problems when opening a patch, that the size changes (by
two pixels each time you open and save it - at least with the windows
tcl/tk). For me I started to have the graphics in a seperate patch and have
an abstraction within it, which contains the patcher. In that case I dont
have to edit the size-stuff every time i change something in the GOP
(patcher), which was really annoying...

Marius.