[PD] os x realtime not under root.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Sep 15 17:29:01 CEST 2003

Its not necessarily slower, since it doesn't change the CPU.  This just
allows you to use the -realtime flag, which gives Pd elevated execution
priority on the CPU.  This means that it is harder to interrupt Pd and
it will be allowed to use more of the CPU time.  IMHO, I think this
mostly affects dropouts and glitches, since Pd won't be interrupted as
often by other processes (Aqua being a likely culprit since it uses a
lot of CPU and runs at an elevated priority).  But its possible that it
could speed things up a little bit.

.hc