[PD] os x realtime not under root.

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Sep 15 19:22:18 CEST 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 cgc at humboldtblvd.com wrote:
> OSX schedules time slices by thread not task,

if you want to say with this that tasks are not scheduled, then I think
I disagree. PD has a separate GUI and Audio task, therefor setting higher
priority on the audio task improves the realtime behaviour.

The problem that it does'nt always work as we would like lies in the
"communication overhead".

Guenter