[PD] Pd & Framestein & nView troubles

luc kendo zire at post.sk
Tue Sep 16 11:12:53 CEST 2003

Hello pd.community :)

i began using the Framestein with pd for vj performances, but i've got some serious problems there.
To output the final video i decided to use the nView function of my GeForce 4, which splits the desktop in two parts, one of them is used for controling the projection, the second one is going out.
But if the nView is activated there is a dramatic performance loss, which causes that the pd freezes and the netsend blocked rates are about 5-7 seconds.. Disabling the hardware acceleration in the adapter properties helped a bit, but did not solve the problem.. (I'm using a P4 1500 )
So my questions are:
How to output video from Framestein without performance loses ?
Couldn't there be some object for Framestein, which would work like a "projection outputer" ?

thanx,

gnd

________
Bezplatny webmail, forum, PaciNepaci, e-pohladnice - www.POST.sk