[PD] pd & gemOSX

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Sep 16 15:09:57 CEST 2003

My latest Pd Installer for OS X includes GEM, but the help patches
aren't working properly in 0.37 yet, so most objects don't have help in
that install.  You can get it here:
http://www.pure-data.org/Members/hans .

If you want to try to stick that gem binary into your current install,
you need to put the  Gem.pd_darwin in one of these folders, depending
on your install ( I might be off a bit, I don't remember entirely where
Adam's installer put the files):
/usr/local/pd/extra
/usr/local/pd/lib/extra
/Library/Pd/Externals

Then, in order to get Pd to load Gem, you need to have a file in your
home folder called .pdrc and in that file you'll need to add the line:

-lib Gem

or if you start Pd from the command line, you can type: pd -lib Gem

You might have to install some other libraries as well to get GEM
running.  You can see what GEM needs by the error messages it spits out
when starting Pd.

.hc