[PD] denormalized numbers bugfix in PD

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Sep 19 12:46:57 CEST 2003

hi Thomas, Derek, and all,

Pd does actually kill denormals in [send~], [throw~], [line~],
[delwrite~], [hip~], [lop~], [bp~], [biquad~], [tabwrite~], and
[tabsend~].  Some externs do the same, e.g. cyclone's filters and
envelopes.

So, one way to speed things up in a patch would be inserting
a s~/r~ or the like, after finding a proper place for them.

Btw, the PD_BADFLOAT macro seems like the main obstacle in trying
to make Pd conform to gcc-3.3 (other warnings are plain easy to
deal with).

Does anybody know, how to modify it without a performance loss?

Krzysztof

Thomas Grill wrote:
> There are some points to keep in mind:
> - PowerPC processors don't suffer from the problem, so there should be an
> #ifdef excluding the relevant code for OSX build

true, there is none in m_pd.h