[PD] k_vst~ question

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Fri Sep 19 16:06:06 CEST 2003

Dave Phillips wrote:

>   I'm testing Kjetil's latest vstserver + k_vst~ object. His examples
> work fine, but I can't seem to get the object to see MIDI input from my
> CZ101 keyboard. I've tried notein and midiin, but I keep getting this
> error :
>
>         error: k_vst~: no method for 'float'
>
> I've already written to Kjetil, so perhaps he'll have some advice, but
> I'm very interested in how other Pd'ers have used k_vst~. Any advice or
> comments ? Has anyone succeeded in playing a VSTi synth via Pd and
> k_vst~ ?

Okay, Kjetil advised me about adding the noteon message after notein,
and my patch now works. However, my CZ101 doesn't transmit a true MIDI
noteoff message, so what do I add to turn off the note when the key is
released ? Sorry to be so obtuse but I'm juggling a lot of software
here... ;)

Best regards,

== dp