[PD] denormalized numbers bugfix in PD

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sat Sep 20 22:21:35 CEST 2003

Hmm, I'd like to see this patch!  Maybe I can figure out why linux and
windows are acting differently.

I've been checking for denormals, etc., in anything that can be used to
make a feedback loop, thus, objects that read/write into buffers, plus
ones that have internal feedback (such as filters).  I need to add
throw~, catch~, and vcf~.

I think I should really be bashing anything under 1e-20 or so to zero;
otherwise I don't catch things until they've already gone denormal.  I'd
like to find a check that finds denormals AND numbers about to go denormal.

Also, since some compilers apparently don't like this test, I think the
best thing for me to do is try to turn off whatever specific warning that
gets tripped by the test...  if someone can tell me a "pragma" or whatever
is making ICC (and/or GCC3.3) complain I'll stick it in the code.

I think I'll fix this and a coupe of other problems and put out a 0.37-1
in a week or so.

cheers
Miller