[PD] compiling PD under SuSE 8.2

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 22 17:39:27 CEST 2003

Hi all,
I think removing the -Werror can generate bad code... better to use
-fno-strict-aliasing for now.  This has the disadvantage of generating
slower code in some cases -- I haven't checked this in Pd's case -- but
is at least correct.

I think using unions is the correct way to go.  This means rewriting
PD_BADFLOAT somehow, and I haven't decided the best way to do it...

cheers
Miller