[PD] pd cvs and packages

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 02:04:29 CEST 2003

Hi Miller, hi all,
i'm about to update the cvs considering the latest pd release.

I stumbled over (at least) two points:
- there's no paf~ in my pd for Windows package anymore. Is this intended?
- for the extras, there are (the same) helpfiles in the extra folder, as
well as in the subfolders therein. Which one is the right location?

Also apart from that, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep the cvs
in sync with the releases, mainly because of the different platforms and the
various portaudio/portmidi dependencies.
I'm i right suspecting that you, Miller, have a source tree that is
equivalent to the one in the cvs? If this assumption is correct would it be
too difficult if you checked in the main branch each time there is a new
release?
Keeping the development branches in sync would then also be much easier.

best greetings,
Thomas