[PD] PD Mac OS X installers

Martin Dupras martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk
Wed Sep 24 18:03:06 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm teaching PD this semester and because our labs are mostly G4, I'm
trying to install PD on OS X.

I tried installing both Hans's new installer and Adam's installer. In
both cases some things work OK, but things get installed in very strange
places. A lot of libs and docs end up in places like
Applications/pd0.37/usr/local, but also in the pd folder, etc.

I have a feeling that being relatively unfamiliar with Mac OS X I am not
understanding completely where things should go. Does anyone have any
advice?

Basically what I'm after is having a pd directory that contains all the
pd items, e.g. abstractions, lib, doc, bin, externals, and to have a
script that launches pd and the appropriate libraries and paths relative
to that folder (rather than absolute paths.)

Many thanks!

- martin