[PD] PD Mac OS X installers

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 24 21:18:02 CEST 2003

My Pd installer is definitely beta.  I have only tested it on two
computers personally.  So let's figure out what the problem is so I can
fix the installer.

First question: did you change the install location or did you leave it as
default?

It should install Pd into:
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/lib/pd

CVS externals into:
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra
/usr/local/lib/pd/doc/5.reference

And the Pd.command GUI launcher into:
/Applications

Are most of the files installed there?  Where else are they installed?

Also, I don't know if things will work right if you have both Adam's and
my installers installed.  You can use OSXPM to uninstall packages.  You
can get OSXPM
here: ftp://us.osxgnu.org/pub/osxgnu/OSXPM/OSXPackageManager.sit

.hc