[PD] PD Mac OS X installers

hellekin hk47 at free.fr
Wed Sep 24 21:45:17 CEST 2003

I used your installer -- or saw it used -- on 2 Titanium and 1 G3
iBook. All three run Jaguar. Everything went smooth, although OSXPM
could not cleanly remove older versions of pd-extra (on all 3) and
pd-base on the iBook.

Nevertheless, Pd works very well, with zexy and friends.

There is a problem that's not related to the installer but rather the
externals : Pd cannot find help-*.pd files for some packages.

For the impatient, I recommand the 3 steps installation proposed :
1. Install and run OSXPM to remove any previous version of Pd.
2. Install Tcl/Tk (8.4.1 preferred)
3. Install Pd.

If you have special libraries or externals, be sure to put them in
.pdrc before complaining they're not found ! ;o)

hellekin