[PD] PD Mac OS X installers

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 25 04:23:19 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 15:45 America/New_York, hellekin wrote:

> I used your installer -- or saw it used -- on 2 Titanium and 1 G3
> iBook. All three run Jaguar. Everything went smooth, although OSXPM
> could not cleanly remove older versions of pd-extra (on all 3) and
> pd-base on the iBook.

Hmm, strange, I haven't had any problems uninstalling with OSXPM yet...
  maybe Martin's path problem is caused by the pkgs being build on
10.2/Jaguar and installed on an older version of MacOS X.

> Nevertheless, Pd works very well, with zexy and friends.
>
> There is a problem that's not related to the installer but rather the
> externals : Pd cannot find help-*.pd files for some packages.

This is due to the new help_symbol handling in 0.37.  Almost every
external needs to be updated to work with 0.37.  Some have been updated
already.  As they are updated in CVS, the changes will automatically be
included in the next versions of the MacOS X installer.

.hc