[PD] Re: [PD-announce] PdVst: Pd as a VST plugin v0.0.1

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 26 23:50:38 CEST 2003

> Nice!!!!
> I think this is a great step ahead in the pd integration with other
> software!!!
> Joseph you are doin' a really great work!!!
> ...Is it possible to route midi messages to and from pdvst?

In my thinking, the VST host should be handling all MIDI I/O. So you can use
the host application's normal method of routing MIDI data to VST plugin
parameters, and in your Pd patch receive the parameter value with a "receive
rvstparameter<n>" object, where <n> is the integer index of the parameter.

Joe
jsarlo at ucsd.edu