[PD] netclient/netserver mangling messages

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sun Sep 28 22:39:27 CEST 2003

Hi Hans-Christoph,

does this error appear at all 'speeds' or is it getting worse the more
data you send? I once had a similar problem with netcient dropping /
'manipulating' data when I was sending too fast.

There is a

#define DEFPOLLTIME 20  /* check for input every 20 ms */

in the code which means netclient polls for input every 20 ms using a
clock. This should probably be changed to a lower value. Or to make it
really perfect, use sys_addpollfn and friends to let Pd poll for input.
But I don't have time right now to code this...

The rest of the code is pretty much identical to the netsend /
netreceive code. Does it happen as well in case you use these objects?

hope this helps,
Olaf