[PD] GF/OSX

tigital tigital at mac.com
Mon Sep 29 00:52:00 CEST 2003

On Sunday, September 28, 2003, at 04:51  PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> 	http://artengine.ca/jmax/gridflow/gallery/hello-macosx.jpg
>

> Yes, it happened. This is using jMax 2.5.1, which I successfully
> whipped
> into submission.
>
> GridFlow also compiled for PureData, but there's a very strange bug
> related to opening a X11 window, that is, it doesn't open the window at
> all, and then uses that as an excuse to crash whenever it gets
> something
> to display. It's particularly weird because there is nothing related to
> X11 in the code that bridges GridFlow and PureData together. (Does
> anyone
> have hints as to what that problem might be?)

hi mathieu,

...congrats on another release!  From the picture, it looks like your
using the non-apple version of X11?  I'd highly recommend grabbing
their X11 public beta 3:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/

...it fixed lots of problems I was having with x11 before...I'll try to
compile gridflow and see if it worx on my x11 install...of course, it
may be a problem with the fact that pd runs in tcl/tk in using the aqua
window manager, and may not play fair at having windows open in both
aqua and x11...

l8r,
jamie